Award-winning Oumph! is now featured in several plant-based pasta and pizza dishes on the menu at popular Bella Italia restaurants, which can be found in more than 100 locations across the UK and Ireland.
The new plant-based dishes featuring Oumph! include:
• Gramigna Pesto – Gramigna pasta with spicy Oumph! plant-based meat alternative, onion, red peppers and Pachino tomatoes in a salsa verde sauce.
• Marco Polo – Gramigna pasta with pulled Oumph! plant-based meat alternative, spring onions and mushrooms in a sweet plum sauce.
• Barbecue Pizza – Oumph! plant-based meat alternative and vegan cheese on a barbecue base.
• Vesuvio Pizza – Spicy Oumph! plant-based meat alternative, roast peppers, onion, fresh green chilli and vegan cheese on a fiery tomato sauce base.
The new menu at Bella Italia introduces 30 brand new dishes and 40 improved dishes, with over 20 options each to cater for vegans, vegetarians, gluten free and dairy free. Find the new menu here.
“The Italians get it right when it comes to spending quality time as a family and the best moments in life are those spent with loved ones, sharing food, friendship and laughter. So, at Bella Italia we’ve developed a delicious menu that offers something for everyone”, says Marc Saunders, Head of Brand at Bella Italia.
“We are proud to feature Oumph! on the menu. The versatility of the Oumph! soya products has the right texture and seasoning that makes it the perfect choice for plant-based alternative to meat”.
Dave Smith, Head of Foodservice at Oumph! and Food for Progress comments:
“We are overjoyed that a renowned group such as Bella Italia to have chosen Oumph! for their new menu. The Oumph! fans will be overjoyed to find their favourite plant-based brand in tasty pasta and pizza dishes.
Oumph! is a favourite in Sweden and the Nordic countries. Oumph! is made from soya beans and organic herb and spice mixes. It’s plant-based and free from gluten and dairy.
Oumph! is versatile and easy to cook, which makes it suitable for home cooks as well as food services. It’s suitable to grill, boil, sauté, deep-fry or heat over an open fire.
In addition, Oumph! is high in protein and fibre and a source of iron and folic acid, as well has having a low climate impact.
Since its launch in Sweden and the Nordic countries in 2015 Oumph! has become a favourite with a wide audience, including families, millennials, foodies, chefs and fast-food loving flexitarians and vegans.
Recent awards for Oumph!
Pulled Oumph! recently won three awards in important categories in the World Food Innovation Awards, which was presented at the International Food & Drinks Event (IFE).
• Best Plant-based Product.
• Best Streetfood Brand.
• Best Product for Foodservice/Catering
• Oumph! Thyme & Garlic was recently awarded Gold in the FreeFrom Food Awards in the Store Cupboard category.
• Oumph! Kebab Spiced – awarded ‘Best New Food Product of the Year’, Food Matters Live 2018.
• Oumph! The Chunk – awarded Gold ‘Food For Food Service’, FreeFrom Eating Out Awards 2018.
• Oumph! Kebab Spiced – awarded Best Vegan Meat 2018 by PETA UK.
About Food for Progress
Oumph! is a part of Food for Progress. Food for Progress is a Swedish food company that joins forces to produce tasty, nutritious and climate-friendly food that everyone on the planet can eat. Forever.
Useful Oumph! links