“National Vegetarian Week is a perfect time to encourage more people to try vegetarian and vegan food, and for us to showcase our extensive vegetarian and vegan menu”, says Terry Harrison, Managing Director at Busaba Eathai.
Busaba Eathai, which has 13 restaurants across London, currently has three popular plant-based dishes featuring Oumph! on their vegan menu:
• Vegan Weeping Tiger Jay, which is a marinated triple cooked Oumph! in a dark soya and ginger sauce with green beans, spring onion, Chinese chives and red chilli.
• Yam Pak Crispy Soya – Oumph! The Chunk mixed with crispy vegetables and mixed leaves in a peanut dressing.
• Thai Soyamari – a plant-based version of plant-based version of Busaba’s signature calimari dish. Soyamari is cooked in a wok featuring Oumph! in a delicious ginger and green peppercorn sauce.
Terry Harrison says:
“All the dishes featuring Oumph! have been instant successes with our regular guests”. Oumph! is an amazing soya meat replacement that is versatile and works very well for creating delicious dishes”.
Oumph! is a favourite in Sweden and the Nordic countries. Oumph! is made from soya beans and organic herb and spice mixes. It’s plant-based and free from gluten and dairy.
Oumph! is versatile and easy to cook, which makes it suitable for home cooks as well as food services. It’s suitable to grill, boil, sauté, deep-fry or heat over an open fire.
In addition, Oumph! is high in protein and fibre and a source of iron and folic acid, as well has having a low climate impact.
Since its launch in Sweden and the Nordic countries in 2015 Oumph! has become a favourite with a wide audience, including families, millennials, foodies, chefs and fast-food loving flexitarians and vegans.
Recent awards for Oumph!
Pulled Oumph! recently won three awards in important categories in the World Food Innovation Awards, which was presented at the International Food & Drinks Event (IFE).
• Best Plant-based Product
• Best Streetfood Brand
• Best Product for Foodservice/Catering
Oumph! Thyme & Garlic was recently awarded Gold in the FreeFrom Food Awards in the Store Cupboard category, and the Oumph! Pizza Italian Style was awarded Bronze in the Pizza & Pasta category.
Oumph! Kebab Spiced – awarded ‘Best New Food Product of the Year’, Food Matters Live 2018.
• Oumph! The Chunk – awarded Gold ‘Food For Food Service’, FreeFrom Eating Out Awards 2018.
• Oumph! Kebab Spiced – awarded Best Vegan Meat 2018 by PETA UK.
About Food for Progress
Oumph! is a part of Food for Progress. Food for Progress is a Swedish food company that joins forces to produce tasty, nutritious and climate-friendly food that everyone on the planet can eat. Forever.
Useful Oumph! links